The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subdomains...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishware, May 25, 2004.

1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Since a recent update of cPanel [supposedly - it also could be that my host is lying to me (grins)] broke a feature I depend on, I thought I'd ask about another feature I depend on... Just in case...

I set up subdomains as seperate accounts in WHM. As in, just like you set up mydomain.com in WHM, I set up subdomain.mydomain.com...

Is this a recognized and valid use, or is this something that "happens" to work until it gets "fixed"?

I hope the answer comes back "Duh, it's supposed to work that way, dummy".... but if the answer comes back "Duh, you shouldn't be doing that, dummy", it'll at least be good to know.

...dang. I just set myself up to be called "dummy" and have responders say "duh", and I can't be p***'d when they do now... heheheheee....

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

I don't see that it should be a problem. I have been creating subdomains this way for some time now. I even advertise this as an alternative to those wanting hosting but don't have or can't get their own domain. One that comes to mind that works is of course demo.yourdomain.tld and is used by many to show a cPanel demo.
    If it has stopped working for you after an update then submit a ticket and see if the problem is a known issue.