The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subfolders in cpbackup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by EricG, Jul 5, 2010.

1. EricG

EricG Member

Hi,

I have a number of subfolders in my cpbackup/daily, cpbackup/weekly and cpbackup/monthly folders. Some are accountnames followed with .0, .1, .2 extensions, some are just the accountname and they appear to be an exact copy of the /home/accout folder. I also have "dirs" and "files" subfolders.

The whole of it takes a lot of space on my system and I was under the impression that I would only have one accountname.tar.gz file for each account in the backup folders.

These uncompressed folders and files altogether are taking over 3 Gigs of data which is almost as much as my entire /home folder. Are the extra folders leftovers from incomplete backups ? Can they be safely removed ?

2. syslint

syslint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It seem you have configured , daily, monthly and weekly backups. You need a minimum of 2x size of home folder for the backup folder. There are two type backups, Incremental backup and tar backup . The incremental backup is a non-compressed backup with low resource usage. The tar backup will compress all your cpanel account files into a single tar file , as it is using gzip, it will take more resource in your hardware for taking backup