Subfolders in cpbackup

EricG

Jul 10, 2006
Hi,

I have a number of subfolders in my cpbackup/daily, cpbackup/weekly and cpbackup/monthly folders. Some are accountnames followed with .0, .1, .2 extensions, some are just the accountname and they appear to be an exact copy of the /home/accout folder. I also have "dirs" and "files" subfolders.

The whole of it takes a lot of space on my system and I was under the impression that I would only have one accountname.tar.gz file for each account in the backup folders.

These uncompressed folders and files altogether are taking over 3 Gigs of data which is almost as much as my entire /home folder. Are the extra folders leftovers from incomplete backups ? Can they be safely removed ?

syslint

Verifed Vendor
Oct 9, 2006
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

It seem you have configured , daily, monthly and weekly backups. You need a minimum of 2x size of home folder for the backup folder. There are two type backups, Incremental backup and tar backup . The incremental backup is a non-compressed backup with low resource usage. The tar backup will compress all your cpanel account files into a single tar file , as it is using gzip, it will take more resource in your hardware for taking backup