Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Subversion and mod_security

Discussion in 'Security' started by bpat1434, Jun 29, 2007.

1. bpat1434

bpat1434 Well-Known Member

I've been fighting for the last 48 hours to get SVN and Trac working properly on my server. Finally I've gotten them to where they're supposed to be. Now, when I use rapidSVN or TortoiseSVN to commit, browse, or checkout from my server, I keep getting a 406 error. I know this is mod_security because, well, it can't be anything else.

So I googled for some help, and it gave me the typical lines of:
    Charl van Niekerk » Blog: Subversion & mod_security
    Wayne Graham's Blog: Subversion with mod_security

In each of those, it gives me these lines:
    Code:
    SecFilterSelective REQUEST_METHOD "^(PROPFIND|PROPPATCH)$" allow
    SecFilterSelective REQUEST_METHOD "^(REPORT|OPTIONS)$" allow
    SecFilterSelective REQUEST_METHOD "^(MKACTIVITY|CHECKOUT)$" allow
    SecFilterSelective REQUEST_METHOD "^(PUT|DELETE|MERGE)$" allow
    So I edit my httpd.conf file in the <VirtualHost> directive for the proper directory, and restart apache.

Now, for whatever reason, these rules don't seem to be taking effect. I still get 406 errors if I try to browse the repository (which generates a REPORT call) or commit (which generates PUT call). I'm completely at a loss here.

Has anyone had any experience getting SVN to work with mod_security installed? I'm using mod_security v1.9.1 right now, but thinking I should probably upgrade to 2.1.1 soon. Any help is appreciated.