The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subversion grp/uid and perms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomdchi, Aug 21, 2011.

1. tomdchi

tomdchi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Can someone that has SVN working on their cpanel server please tell me what uid:groupid should be set? Also I am running suphp and have chmod everything in repo to 755 - is this right? Tutorials all have conflicting info so I thought it would be best to find info from someone that actually has it working.

This repo is setup in a user account i.e. /home/useraccount/svn. The necessary apache includes are present and working OK. I can connect to repo OK but I am unable to import or create any directories (trunk, tag, branches). I keep getting permission denied error.

2. romacities

romacities Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm still stuck and unable to install subversion. How did you get it installed?

I get these errors and most how-tos are outdated.

Code:
    subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.x86_64 from updates has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.x86_64 (updates)
    subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.i386 from updates has depsolving problems
      --> Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.i386 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.x86_64 (updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: perl(URI) >= 1.17 is needed by package subversion-1.6.11-7.el5_6.4.i386 (updates)

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could try the following, which worked for me:

Code:
    wget http://yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/RPMS/perl-URI-1.35-3.noarch.rpm
    rpm -i perl-URI-1.35-3.noarch.rpm
    yum install subversion
    Of note, the above RPM is for RHEL/CentOS 5, which you appear to be using based on your error message. Anyone else reviewing this thread who is using a different OS or version, you'd want to search online for the correct RPM.

I would also like to suggest moving your post and mine into a new thread, since your question differs from the original poster's question.