The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suexec and httpd Alias

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Walker, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Walker

Walker Member

I have domain customer A, and another customer b, who is a contractor for A. B needs to have a folder from A mounted on the site.

so in customerA virtualhost container:

Alias /folder/ /home/customA/folder/

user customA
    group customA

and in customerB virtualhost container:

Alias /folder/ /home/customA/folder/

user customB
    group customA

What I get in suexec_log when I try to access the folder from customerB web site:

[2006-03-10 12:30:55]: info: (target/actual) uid: (customB/customB) gid: (customA/customA) cmd: file.php
    [2006-03-10 12:30:55]: error: target uid/gid (32048/32027) mismatch with directory (32052/32027) or program (32052/32027) or trusted user (0/10)

Is what I want possible? I assumed if it ran with the same group as customA, everything would be fine.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It's not possible with suexec - one of its security restrictions is that both the directory and the script must be owned by the uid and gid of that specified in the virtualhost (as well as having world write disabled).

3. Walker

Walker Member

ah. Thanks. Im new to suexec, but with the increase in spam attacks, its nice to know which user has a messed up mailing script.