The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suEXEC bypass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oinkmedia, Dec 29, 2004.

1. oinkmedia

oinkmedia Well-Known Member

does anyone know how to bybass suEXEC on a per directory basis? I have enabled suEXEC to ensure customers run scripts from under their own username. However, I'd like to give access of a particular script to all users. How can I bypass suEXEC for just this one script?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I do not think there is a way to exempt a particular script...

Depending on its structure and usage, you could put a copy of the script in the skeleton directory and then when an account is created they will have their own copy of it.

3. oinkmedia

The script in question is @Mail (atmail.com), a webmail script I purchased a while ago. Currently all my customers have to login through a single url (using up additional bandwidth above that of their account). If I could somehow allow access to the atmail script from say within cpanel, my customers would be using their own bandwidth when using the script - if that makes sense?

4. gpreston

gpreston Well-Known Member

I'm curious why you don't let them use Horde, or Squirrelmail? Don't they come with cpanel?

5. oinkmedia

My hosting accounts include NeoMail and SquirrelMail (i've never liked Horde) as standard as they come with cPanel. However, I had many requests for a more powerful WebMail client that included, among other features, a WYSIWYG interface and calender features.

After several weeks of searching and testing, I decided to purchase an @Mail license. I found several other able WebMail clients but none that featured such a high quality interface as @Mail.

I'd be interested to hear from any other @Mail administrators.

6. GOT

GOT Get Proactive!

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Is this a perl script?

I have installed shared PHP scritps. The basis are you install it in /home/directory and then add an alias the to httpd.conf file to point to /home/alias, but if it is a perl script, you might run into ownership problems with that... Never tried it that way before.

7. oinkmedia

Yes it is a perl script and - as per instructions - has been installed in /usr/local/atmail/. A httpd.conf alias has been setup for the script user (owner) which works fine... but only for that user. It seems I am a victim of my own security features :)

I read somewhere about htaccess groups... but don't know very much about them. Can anyone elaborate?