The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suexec... What needs to be done....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaun, Jan 27, 2002.

1. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Going to run suexec on one of my machines. Was wondering what needs to be done. Anybody have some instructions? I know i need to download the apache build from here and it has a option in their but do i need to change permissions of users files? Any problems that i might or will run into?

Also i saw in the cpanel announcements that it says suexec and php safe mode now used. Does that mean all new install\'s of cpanel will use suexec by default?

2. jumpdomain

jumpdomain Well-Known Member

The new installs we did the other day had SuEXEC installed by default. I would still recommend you install the latest Buildapache.sea as the install script did not enable the SuEXEC log which is holds very valuable info on 500 errors. Of course, you can also turn off SuEXEC when you run the Buildapache.sea script.

For converting an machine that already has users, I wouldn\'t recommend it. If the user has any of the directories that hold scripts CHMOD 777 or the scripts themselves, it will produce 500 errors.