The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimhosting, Jun 3, 2005.

?

Would this be a good addon.

1. Yes, Definately.

33.3%
  2. No, not really.

66.7%
  1. Grimhosting

Grimhosting Registered

I have 2 suggestions. My first suggestion is to add a Suggestion's portion to the forum. My main and 2nd suggestion is that there is a windows and linux program created that connects to WHM and keeps updated status on the server. This would be very useful for people who would like to monitor their server, it would also be nice if it had pop-up notifications like MSN Messenger does. Like, *SERVICE* Is down. Certain things like that. I'm sure many users would find it a big help. I my self being a webhosting company owner would love it. It would really help with keeping perfect running on my server.

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

You can do so By setting up nagios..excellent tool for centralized monitoring...for more info visit http://nagios.org

3. Grimhosting

Grimhosting Registered

no...

No, i meant like a program you run on your computer. That connects to the server. Alot like StarDevelops Live Help Messenger Client.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I use ServersAlive to monitor all of our cPanel servers on a windows client. You can check disk space and running processes as well as the usual port protocol checks.

If you have a suggestion there is already a method to make it:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=38350