GaryT

May 19, 2010
I been setting up a new server and such, Now I installed Suhosin this time around but alot of users are getting 404 forbidden messages, What in the configuration file can cause this, Or whats the fiix and what lines to remove.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
remove suhosin it works, I wish for it to be enabled though.

Thanks.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Which version of PHP are you using? PHP 5.2.9 has shown issues running with suHosin, so updating to PHP 5.2.14 if you are using 5.2.9 might resolve the issue.

Next, you could tail the Apache error log when viewing one of the sites with the 404 error message:

Code:
tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
Please paste the error message you receive for the site in question.

GaryT

May 19, 2010
I'm using 5.2.14

Also alot of people report that its logging users out of there forums or generating white pages.

The tail log shws nothing though I don't quite get it.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please open a ticket, since we provide suHosin as part of EasyApache, so these issues are covered in our support. You can submit a ticket using the link in my signature or using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel.

Please post the ticket number here after opening it.

GaryT

May 19, 2010
sorry for the slow reply, I been working ! Not long been in, But thanks, I will put in a ticket now.

Ticket id: 983174

Last edited:

GaryT

May 19, 2010
This issue was resolved by cPanel Paul Trost

Thanks to him, Everything is now fine.

GaryT

May 19, 2010
I don't know the soloution, I would share otherwise ! They just fixed it, Mainly due to mod_security