kevin_smithers

Registered
Jul 31, 2006
I have a VPS with x company and there are two setting which I wish to change.

suhosin.get.max_value_length
suhosin.post.max_value_length

I have looked in the php.ini file and there are no setting in that file for Suhosin! I have asked the hosting company and they have suggested that I ask here as they feel the setting are in another file.

Can anybody help with this?

wizzy420

Nov 13, 2007
I believe you can just put:

suhosin.get.max_value_length = number
etc.

at the bottom of your php.ini file

kevin_smithers

Registered
Jul 31, 2006
I would rather enter it in the correct place jjust incase it conflicts with anything, the settings are there somewhere just need to find them :)

dragon2611

Nov 30, 2003
I believe you can just put:

suhosin.get.max_value_length = number
etc.

at the bottom of your php.ini file
Any chance of getting the cpanel devs to add a higher than default value into php.ini when easyapache installs Suhosin...

Otherwise it breaks the style editior in Vbulletin

ramprage

Jul 21, 2002
Canada
Any chance of getting the cpanel devs to add a higher than default value into php.ini when easyapache installs Suhosin...

Otherwise it breaks the style editior in Vbulletin

That's the suhosin default, nothing to do with cPanel. You need to manually add it to php.ini.
It takes about 10 seconds to do the changes then restart Apache.

dragon2611

Nov 30, 2003
That's the suhosin default, nothing to do with cPanel. You need to manually add it to php.ini.
It takes about 10 seconds to do the changes then restart Apache.
Already did it and it may be the suhosin default but theres nothing to stop them writing something into Easyapache that adds the lines to php.ini when its built.

Hopefully most web hosts know to check for this and change it anyway but you will always get the few that don't have a clue.

When you install suhosin manually (I have done so in the past before it became part of Easyapache) the deafults get entered into php.ini so its a simple case of changing the values however in the case of the cpanel install not even these are present so you have to write the config option in yourself as well as the value

Last edited:

ramprage

Jul 21, 2002
Canada
I've installed suhosin many times manually and it never enters defaults into php.ini
Maybe we're doing something different....

Regardless I don't see this as a big deal, they also provide a warning in easyapache saying you need to manually configure it, or something to that effect I forget the exact wording.

dragon2611

Nov 30, 2003
I've installed suhosin many times manually and it never enters defaults into php.ini
Maybe we're doing something different....

Regardless I don't see this as a big deal, they also provide a warning in easyapache saying you need to manually configure it, or something to that effect I forget the exact wording.
maybe I put them there and forgot then, wouldn't surprise me if I did i'm somewhat forgetfull at times ;)