The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun One Asp and The WHM Apache build

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by kelvin, Nov 5, 2003.

1. kelvin

kelvin Member

Hi Guys,

We've got a serious issue with the version of Apache compiled by WHM, its intefering with the Sun One Asp server and stopping it from reporting script errors back to browser. Instead, all of our customers are seeing

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@somehost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

At first we thought it was a problem with newer library versions (the glibc) - but now I've compiled a seperate version of apache (done manually, not through the whm) and Asp is reporting errors as it should be.

Has anybody else experienced this? or could you offer some advice on the best way to track down why the WHM compiled version is causing this?

This is pretty urgent cause we have 6 Asp servers, and this is affecting all of them, and we now have some very angry customers.

Many thanks

2. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

I've had no problems with the version of apache compiled by whm using sun one asp. However, on EACH new version of apache(and I'd even say each time I ran the /scripts/easyapache script) I've had to rebuild the mod_casp2.so apache module to prevent link discrepancies between it and apache.
    YMMV
    You might want to check this crucial bit of software before you assign the cause to the whole, a server is a sum of small parts, after all.

3. kelvin

kelvin Member

I tracked the problem down in the end, I could have swarn it was to do with a another module - but this wasn't the case, turned out to be Apache overriding the Asp errors.

4. Sash

Sash Well-Known Member

Kelvin

So how did you solve the problem? We've noticed the same problem with SOASP version 4(not version 3).

Thanks
    Mike

5. kelvin

kelvin Member

Well its so silly (and simple) its unreal, and took me ages to figure the dam thing out. But anway, just look for ErrorDocument 500 /500.shtml in the httpd.conf, and comment it out.

I believe it was caused by the error message changing in v4, so they reported back a 500 error each time, hence why apache suddenly started reporting its down message.

6. twmonline

twmonline Member

how do you comment it out?

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Put a # at the beginning of the line. Please be careful about resurrecting 2 year old threads.