Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

suPHP +e-mail form + sender verify = problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by bejbi, Dec 18, 2007.

1. bejbi

bejbi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

I have apache with suPHP.

My sending mail form works fine, but e-mail goes right only to e-mail only on local server.

When I send mails from this form to e-mails outside (which is important by e-commerce - when I want to send confirmations e-mail to buyer), this doesn't works.

On remote server i have in logs:

2007-12-18 14:27:06 H=admin.trustnet.pl [193.93.88.5] F=<> rejected RCPT <wojciech@master.trustnet.pl>: You do not have sufficient privileges to send mail to this address. Please authenticate and try again.

2007-12-18 14:27:06 1J4cTS-0006nY-64 ** babicz@trustnet.pl R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<babicz@trustnet.pl>: host trustnet.pl [193.93.88.5]: 550-Verification failed for <wojciech@master.trustnet.pl>\n550-Called: 193.93.88.10\n550-Sent: RCPT TO:<wojciech@master.trustnet.pl>\n550-Response: 550-You do not have sufficient privileges to send mail to this address. Please\n550-550 authenticate and try again.\n550 Sender verify failed

I it is so, becouse on server doesn't exists e-mail wojciech@master.trustnet.pl - this is the local USER on this server (which I add by create account):

username: wojciech
    domain: wojciechbabicz.trustnet.pl

Apache works with right of this user (wojciech). But on server master.trustnet.pl veryfy fails for user: wojciech@master.trustnet.pl

What should I do to can I send mails using suPHP ... ?

WB

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

you would probably be better sending mails via smtp than the straight mail command, the pear mail::factory class is quite powerful and easy to use

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Although I agree with nickp666 that using SMTP is the better way of sending email, I do not think it will solve your problem. It appears as if your script is not setting the FROM address for the message, and hence PHP falls back on username@domain. So, to fix the problem, set the FROM address in the message header. If you are using the PHP mail() function, have a look at Example#2 at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...