The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suphp log repeating entries every second

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magicalwonders, Sep 28, 2014.

1. magicalwonders

magicalwonders Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm going through my various logs trying to get everything into good shape, and I've noticed that I'm getting entries for the same action being repeated every second on one of them. -

When checking the access logs, I can see the following, which appears to be someone trying to access my Wordpress control panel -
    According to my lockdown plugin in WP, the IP has been blocked for 30 mins, although that doesn't seem to have taken effect.

When I try and add the IP 216.70.94.44 to my IP deny manager in cPanel for that account, it returns "Invalid IP range" and won't let me add it!

Any ideas on what I can do?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

What do you see in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when attempting to block the IP address through cPanel?

Thank you.

3. magicalwonders

magicalwonders Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is a bit strange. There doesn't appear to be any entries in the error log anymore for this issue! Although the access log still references the login attempts for yesterday, and they eventually stopped appearing. I'm not sure where they've gone. There were hundreds of them!

I can't find any any reference in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log to my attempt to block the IP either. I searched the file for the IP address, but it didn't find anything.

If it happens again I'll check with the log straight away and see what is says! :) For now though things seem to be OK again.