The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support of cpanel exists?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phphack, Dec 8, 2005.

1. phphack

phphack Member

Friends used of Cpanel,

I come using the Cpanel already some time, I am Brazilian and I do not have much notion of English, and frequent very fórum of cpanel.

To put when rank messages in this fórum, the majority of the times I am not answered, I do not have at least a support of the Cpanel for common problems as OLDER And KNOWN PROBLEM WITH the EXIM

TO SEND EMAIL WITHOUT AUTENTICAÇÂO

It would like to know, if somebody of vocês, that it has will to help a friend who does not understand very of English, as to block the users who install the apache + php to send email.

It sees the procedure that they use:

They install a WebServer example: apache
    They install PHP 4
    They install Outlook e it with the data of an user configures who exists in my server, example span@cpanel.net
    It configures the PHP.INI stops to use the smtp server thus: mail.cpanel.net and the email span@cpanel.net

After everything configured it executes the Outlook Express and leaves on, after this is enough it to create one script php for message sending that Loop millions that it sends the email without problems, if it to try to send the email for php with the off Outlook it not he obtains but with outlook on it obtains.

I have many problems with email in some servers who I am using the Cpanel.

The Support of the Cpanel is very horrible, it does not have documents necessary to help in the configuration, Plesk is much more well explained and support 100%.

It would like to know if somebody of vocês, already they had made some modification in exim to obtain to improve security of it.

Very Obliged.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Sounds like you've got a problem with an exploited script. There are many threads here about finding them. You should dig more and read more. As far as improving security of your mail system, take a peek at this thread.
    There is a link in that thread to here.
    http://www.configserver.com/

More reading to do there as well.

Good luck.

3. phphack

phphack Member

Friends, we are open-source or still we have that to pay people to configure our server? The Cpanel already must have done a system of efficient authentication, $20 dollares pra voce can little be and $40 dollares? Envergonha Cpanel the community Open Source with this horrible support of it! Moan to say this here, however is the truth!

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Also, these forums are not for official support of cPanel as you appear to think. For that you need to log a ticket with your cPanel license provider, or cPanel if you have purchased directly from them. There's no obligation on anyoe to help here in the forums.

5. phphack

phphack Member

Because in contrast to vender solutions you do not help the Jonathan community! It makes ugly not!

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

My job here is to moderate the forums, not to help anybody at all. If I choose to help, then like anyone else on these forums, it is my or their choice. If you need help you either need to speak to your license provider or hire a server admin.