The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supported software versions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aaroncampbell, Oct 5, 2005.

1. aaroncampbell

aaroncampbell Member

I see all the supported OSs on the main page, but what about other stuff. Like where can I find what version of PHP will be set up in STABLE, EDGE, etc? What about MySQL? etc etc etc.

I'm sure it's out there, so I link that I could check regularly would be GREAT.

Much appreciated,
    Aaron

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The versions offered through WHM are usually the same for whichever release tree you are using, though STABLE can lag behind quite a bit.

3. aaroncampbell

aaroncampbell Member

For whatever release tree? I'm lost here. I just need a place to see what version of what software is installed with each level of cPanel (I assume cPanel has STABLE, EDGE, etc...I just don't know where to find what versions of software those install).

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

What version of which software? Most applications that are installed that are not an integral part of cPanel and installable via WHM or separately and so the version number is not relevant (e.g. apache, mysql , php, perl, zend, all OS updates, all perl modules etc) none of which cPanel upgrades itself.

5. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok here is a simple procedure:

Create a file and name it as phpinfo.php under your pulic_html folder with the following information :

PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();

?>
    and type this in your browser : http://domain_name/phpinfo.php
    This will not only show your php version but much more information about the server.

To be more simple your version should be either 4.3.10 or 4.3.11 :p

6. aaroncampbell

aaroncampbell Member

ok, so what software versions does WHM install, and where can I find a list.

As far as using phpinfo, that's to find out what I currently use, which I can tell you off the top of my head. I want to know *IF* I switch to cPanel/WHM, what versions I would be using.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There's no such published list. A lot will depend on your OS and the versions of applications that they provide. If you just want the current list of application versions that are available, then someone might list them out for you if you don't already have a cPanel server.

8. aaroncampbell

aaroncampbell Member

I would really appreciate that. I use CentOS 4. I often use the centos-plus repositories (that's where I get PHP 5+, etc).

9. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

A,

I believe I understand.

The "core" stuff ...

Apache - 1.3.33 - upgrade to 2.0 is available, but is very beta (IOW use at your own risk).

Php - 4.x - 5.x is available, but is very beta.

Exim - 4.5x

MySql - can run at 4.1

For the most part, excluding cpanel specific features/services (like cppop), everything else can/would be upgraded/kept current based upon how you define your update procedures for your particular OS.