The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspend account bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soheil, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

Hello,
    When I suspend an account, the site comes up as suspended, however, the user can stll use ftp and cpanel.

I assume the a good reason for suspending an account is to deny access for non paying members. Now, if they can simply access their account and ftp and get their data and move it somewhere elese, I would assume it's not such a high security.

Is this a bug, or is there a way around this?

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think that's probably intentional, so the user can move their data elsewhere. There's no reason to hold their data for ransom, unless they owe you a lot of back fees.

The simple workaround is to change their password; once you've done that they're not getting in again for anything!

3. ovadmin

ovadmin Registered

I don't think suspend is working 100% right

I just noticed this or maybe another problem too. When one of my resellers suspends an account, the ftp, cpanel and email still works, just the site shows suspended. When I as the Master Admin suspends an account, all systems are on suspension until resolved, even the password is changed on the account so they cannot utilize cpanel.

Why wouldn't a reseller suspending the same site from his admin section disable the entire account like it does when I do it.

Also, When a reseller suspends the account, it is not showing in my master suspension list. It does show in his reseller account front end as suspended. This is causing a lot of turmoil for us, as we cannot go visit every web page to see if it is suspended before billing every month.

4. rexrjacob

rexrjacob Member

I had faced the issue before, but in a detailed check I had found that the user had exceeded his quota. I had increased his quota and then unsuspended and finally suspended that account. That had worked for me.