analitix

Jul 3, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Quick easy question, when suspending an account through WHM, it suspends the website, does it also block the user receiving emails, the password gets changed and if you un-suspend the password is reset to its original form?

NixTree

Aug 19, 2010
Gods Own Country
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
So basically suspended only means the website?
No, it will lock down cPanel / FTP access, email access, etc . But it will not prevent delivering emails to the email accounts under suspended accounts. But email accounts cannot authenticate and access their mails. What actually cPanel does is, adding some special characters to the beginning of the password hash along with suspend operation. When you unsuspend it , it will remove the special characters, allowing it to preserve the passwords.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Yes, email service is suspended and authentication is denied, but messages sent to the account are not bounced. Those messages are downloadable after the suspension is removed.

Thank you.

matthers

Jul 6, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

Yes, email service is suspended and authentication is denied, but messages sent to the account are not bounced. Those messages are downloadable after the suspension is removed.

Thank you.
Hello Michael, sorry to hijack the topic, but was this feature implemented recently? I do not remember seeing this behavior in the last 1-2 years, but I might be wrong.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello Michael, sorry to hijack the topic, but was this feature implemented recently? I do not remember seeing this behavior in the last 1-2 years, but I might be wrong.
There have been no changes to this behavior recently. What behavior are you expecting, or have you experienced different results?

Thank you.

matthers

Jul 6, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There have been no changes to this behavior recently. What behavior are you expecting, or have you experienced different results?

Thank you.
I do not remember if 1-2 years ago the emails sent to suspended accounts were saved on the server or bounces.

I was wondering if this was implemented recently. I usually check the changelogs and I don't remember if this was implemented after 11.34 .

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
That's always been the behavior as far as I know. However, you might be thinking of bounces when quota limits are reached, which is different from account suspensions.

Thank you.

matthers

Jul 6, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Nope, I know about the quota limit reached bounces. I just always had the impression that the emails being sent to the account while suspended were lost. Oh well, I found out a new thing today.

Thank you Michael .