The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suspend just the website but not email account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Fractal, May 1, 2004.

1. Fractal

Fractal Member

Hi, I looked for the answer to this but couldn't find it, so my apologies if it has been asked before.

I would like to suspend a users website but not their access to email. Is this possible to do?

Thanks.

#1 Fractal, May 1, 2004
    Last edited: May 2, 2004
  2. WoodyUK

WoodyUK Member

Best I can come up with is if you enter their cPanel and change their email accounts. For example:

user has 5 email addresses like name@domain.com, name1@domain.com and so on. Assuming their contact email is NOT one of these name, simply add a forwarder for ALL email addresses to their contact email.

They will still receive email (OK they will get ALL email for the account in one inbox), and, if they use their ISP SMTP they can still send email.

I can't think of any other obvious way of doing it.

3. Fractal

Fractal Member

Thanks very much for your response.

But how can I disable their website?

I don't mind leaving their email alone. It's their website I wish to suspend. I know I could do this by logging into their account and moving all files to a new folder and then changing their admin password, but their must be an easier way...

4. WoodyUK

WoodyUK Member

ah..

I assume you have access to Web Host Manager? In the version I use there is an option to suspend/unsuspend an account in the side menu. If that option is there, then that is the what you need.

5. WoodyUK

WoodyUK Member

PS: you need to access their cPanel and add the forwarders first, before suspending the account. I tried it and it worked. The only issue will really be if they have loads of email addresses......and if there would be a problem with all email being redirected to one email account.

6. Fractal

Fractal Member

Yes, I have access to WHM.

Hmm... does that mean that if you suspend an account email continues to work? Actually, I just tried it and this seems to be partially true.

I suspended an account and I couldn't access the account through outlook, however, I was able to access it through webmail.

Now I'm wondering how to completely suspend an account? (including webmail) Or is my cpanel just not working the way it is supposed to?

btw: I'm trying to leave all their email accounts as is. So that all users can still access their accounts.