The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspend/Unsuspend Feature Doesnt Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by circlec, Jan 25, 2005.

1. circlec

circlec Active Member

Hi,

If I suspend an account then everything is fine, the account is suspended and my custom page is displayed.

However, when I unsuspend the account then I ALWAYS get permission errors afterwards:

--
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    --

How can I rectify this problem and, what are the correct permissions to manually set this account back to its normal state so that I can activate the clients account?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This may fix it for you:

/scripts/enablefileprotect

3. circlec

circlec Active Member

thanks for the reply however, what is this command going to do and, is it going to perform action on all the accounts? I do not want to touch any ofmy other accounts as the last time I did a fixpermissions script it totally messed up EVERYTHING. Its real dodgy.

4. circlec

circlec Active Member

can anybody help on this?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, if you have a look at the script you will see what it does - fixes permissions on the following directories:

/home/username
    /home/username/public_html
    Frontpage directories
    subdomain directories

That's it. I have never, and never known, anyone have any problems with this script since it does what it is intended for.

6. circlec

circlec Active Member

I am still having trouble where if I suspend an account then unsuspend it that cPanel does not reset the permissions correctly.

This is what I do:

1) The account is working fine, all emails and all pages are displayed correctly.
    2) The client hasnt paid so I therefore click on the "Suspend/Unsuspend an account" and suspend it.
    3) It suspends the account and when viewing the site, I see my custom "suspended page"
    4) The client pays so I therefore click on "Suspend/Unsuspend an account" - select his domain and click Unsuspend.
    5) cPanel then shows me that its unsuspending and has reset the permissions however, when visiting the users web site I no longer see the unsuspended page neither do I see his web site, I see:

--
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--

I need to know how to fix this as apposed to doing something like running a global script that might end up breaking other things. I once ran the chownpublichtmls script and that reset all the permissions of accounts to the Forbidden status! Was a nightmare!

Urgently awaiting somebodies reply.