Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Suspend/Unsuspend Feature Doesnt Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by circlec, Jan 25, 2005.

1. circlec

circlec Active Member

Hi,

If I suspend an account then everything is fine, the account is suspended and my custom page is displayed.

However, when I unsuspend the account then I ALWAYS get permission errors afterwards:

--
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    --

How can I rectify this problem and, what are the correct permissions to manually set this account back to its normal state so that I can activate the clients account?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This may fix it for you:

/scripts/enablefileprotect

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. circlec

circlec Active Member

thanks for the reply however, what is this command going to do and, is it going to perform action on all the accounts? I do not want to touch any ofmy other accounts as the last time I did a fixpermissions script it totally messed up EVERYTHING. Its real dodgy.

4. circlec

circlec Active Member

can anybody help on this?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, if you have a look at the script you will see what it does - fixes permissions on the following directories:

/home/username
    /home/username/public_html
    Frontpage directories
    subdomain directories

That's it. I have never, and never known, anyone have any problems with this script since it does what it is intended for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. circlec

circlec Active Member

I am still having trouble where if I suspend an account then unsuspend it that cPanel does not reset the permissions correctly.

This is what I do:

1) The account is working fine, all emails and all pages are displayed correctly.
    2) The client hasnt paid so I therefore click on the "Suspend/Unsuspend an account" and suspend it.
    3) It suspends the account and when viewing the site, I see my custom "suspended page"
    4) The client pays so I therefore click on "Suspend/Unsuspend an account" - select his domain and click Unsuspend.
    5) cPanel then shows me that its unsuspending and has reset the permissions however, when visiting the users web site I no longer see the unsuspended page neither do I see his web site, I see:

--
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--

I need to know how to fix this as apposed to doing something like running a global script that might end up breaking other things. I once ran the chownpublichtmls script and that reset all the permissions of accounts to the Forbidden status! Was a nightmare!

Urgently awaiting somebodies reply.