The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspended domains and new host

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlgale, May 20, 2010.

1. carlgale

carlgale Registered

Hi, not sure if in the right section but here is my issue.

I was hosting with Jaguar Pc whom suspended my domains because I was taking up too much server load (shared hosting) I have recently purchase a cpanel vps from another host and did a full backup of the domains etc and copied this to my host. I have extracted the domains, changed the nameservers over etc but whenever I visit a domain in it's new location I still see the suspended page.

Did I, when backing up, copy over the files which told the domains to be suspended? And if so, how do I undo this please. I have deleted several of the htaccess.suspended files for test domains but this still has not resolved the problem.

Thanks
    Carl

2. LiquidWebBenny

PartnerNOC

Two questions: 1) Did you change the DNS for the domain(s) to point to the new server? If not, then you will need to do that first. 2) If the domain is pointed to your VPS already, have you logged in to WHM on your VPS and unsuspended the account? Unsuspending it should take care of it, pretty sure.

3. carlgale

carlgale Registered

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes. I updated the namersevers on the domains a couple of days back and doing a nameserver test tells me that they are resolving to the new NS so I think all is good at that end.

On the 2nd question. The account I moved from was a cpanel shared account and I am moving to a cpanel vps. When I go into whm there are no accounts marked as suspended. I have tried to suspend the account and then undo it but that doesn't fix the problem.

When I moved from the old host to the new I didn't do a whm account transfer but rather I got the old host to generate a cpanel backup and then I ssh'ed that over before unzipping it on the new host. Could there have been something in the backup which is still suspending the domains?

It's getting annoying now as my sites are ecommerce and so each day down means more revenue lost.

Thanks again
    Carl

4. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Since your account was suspended while the backup was made, the .htaccess file that is rewriting your url is more than likely still there. A couple of ways to go about this. First way, is the remove the .htaccess file yourself, through ftp of the file manager. The second way, is to have your new host suspend, then unsuspend your account, that should remove the file as well.

Chris

5. BMR777

BMR777 Member

A longshot, but in the WHM interface go to the DNS settings > Edit an A record. Select the one for your site and make sure that the IP address shown is the one for your new VPS server and not the old shared one. There is a remote chance that this was not properly changed to the new server, which would cause your new server to redirect your website requests back to the old one.