Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspending incoming mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Bogdan Manasijevic, May 9, 2017.

1. Bogdan Manasijevic

Bogdan Manasijevic Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Question: If i suspend incoming mail on my cPanel account, will i stop receiving mail completely, or it will just stop filling my disk space?

Asking because my disk is almost full, and i don't use cPanel to read, receive and send mail. For that i use Outlook, and use cPanel mail only when creating new mail accounts. So when i suspend incoming mail, do i suspend the mail from coming to my Outlook also?

Thanks in advance.

2. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Incoming email suspended:

If this is the only service suspended, then the user can still log in to, read, and send email.

Didn't understand how your mail system works. If you are creating new mail accounts in cPanel isn't the mail stored on the cPanel server???

Check this link for more: Email Accounts - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The system will reject incoming email while the account is suspended. This happens before the email reaches your inbox (e.g. through Outlook). I encourage you to review the following document if email disk space usage is a concern:

Email Disk Usage - Version 64 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.