The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension and MySQL access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ispro, May 9, 2006.

1. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member

Recently we have discovered that MySQL databases are not locked when account suspended.

So it allows clients to use databases from other accounts or remotely (if they set the necessary access hosts before).

This is should be considered as a bug, however we would like to know the community opinion on that. Especially, chirpy one :)

P.S. We are on the STABLE tree.

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Interesting .... In a similar vain, we just found out that FTP is not locked
    when you suspend an account either!

When we suspend user's accounts, they often will just login by FTP and delete
    the suspension .htaccess file effectively turning their account back on again!

Lately we've taken up backing up the account and just deleting it completely
    whenever we have to suspend an account because of the bugs in Cpanel's
    suspend account function keeping suspend from working effectively.

I really wish they would make the suspend account work properly!

We are always running the lastest EDGE release too!

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have noticed this issue with MySQL before. I believe e-mail forwarders still work, which has been brought up before.

I believe CPanel's stance on this is that the suspension function is suppose to be for the webhosting part of the account, which it does its job. When the account is suspended, the user's website will give a suspension notice instead of their main website.

The user's FTP and e-mail accounts should also be suspended, or unable to log into. I am not sure what the issue that Spiral is having with still being able to FTP into a suspended account. You may want to have CPanel investigate this issue. It has always been the case that I have checked, that FTP access is denied when an account is suspended. But, if this is the case, that FTP access is still available when an account is suspended, then it definitely needs to be looked into.