The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching between EDGE/CURRENT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viptexting, Jul 23, 2007.

1. viptexting

viptexting Well-Known Member

I'm considering upgrading my dev server to the EDGE build and upgrading apache to 2.2 on there.

If I have problems with the upgrade, can I switch back to CURRENT without any problems?

TIA.

2. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

there are problems with apache configuration generator in Edge. It does'nt working great yet. If you know how apache/php works then you can fix this manually.

About switching back to Current. It is possible but you must backup your apache configuration before you upgrade. If you downgrade to current then you must remove the apache and do a failsave with easyapache in current. Then restore the httpd.conf and run again the easyapache failsave. Then recompile with your options.

3. viptexting

viptexting Well-Known Member

I think I'll give it a miss!

I've seen people posting that it was working quite well a little while ago, I could do a manual config but probs better not to waste my time on things that cPanel should be doing!

Thanks for the info :)

4. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

okay let us know how this goes :) i think i waited enough as well for the apache upgrade so you will be my point for this :)