Synchronize Sql Passwords

dstana

Jul 6, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What is the procedure to synchronize passwords for MySQL users with WHM? When suspending accounts I keep getting errors that none of the passwords work. Running MariaDB10.3, seems related to the recent WHM issues with 10.3

These are the errors thrown when suspending accounts:
Code:
warn [suspendacct] GRANT statement “SET PASSWORD FOR ***********'@'***********' = '-28E5DC6343095DE40621B9F9F6160F702E779411';” failed:
info [suspendacct] Changing password for MySQL virtual user *********** as system user ***********...
info [suspendacct] Creating MySQL virtual user *********** for user ***********
warn [suspendacct] Error from MySQL query: (XID uj4cu3) The system received an error from the “MySQL” database “mysql”: ER_PASSWORD_NO_MATCH (Can't find any matching row in the user table)

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry about that - it wasn't clear to me that this is affecting every account on the machine.

If one password gets out of sync, that can happen, but for all the accounts to have this issue it sounds like something else is going on with the system. It might be better for us to take a look through the ticket system if you wanted to get one submitted. If you do go that route, please post the ticket number here so I can keep the community updated with the resolution.