Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Synchronizing mail with Outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Jamie Harris, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Jamie Harris

Jamie Harris Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey all,

I haven't found another thread with my specific issue after searching through the forums, so starting a new one here.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure an email, set up via cPanel on outlook client side. However, I am looking for changes made on outlook to be recognised by the server, so that any changes made are also applied / synchronised and still functioning server side when the outlook application is closed on the clients computer.

For example;

- Signatures
    - Calendar Entries
    - Autoresponder rules (out of office etc)

If this is possible, how do I go about doing it?

2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Signatures and autoresponders configured in Outlook are not syncable back to the server.

Outlook does not appear to have built in caldav support either, however, there are extensions availble for it such as this

Setting up Outlook 2016 with CalDAV Synchronizer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelLauren likes this.
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    @GOT is correct, the signature would need to be created in the webmail application, While Outlook's autoresponder may work the supported way to create one would be through the cPanel UI. AutoResponders can be created by the email user in their webmail UI by using the dropdown in the top right-hand corner of the screen for their username, and you would indeed need an extension to make use of CalDav

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...