System Error Invalid cross-device link

samglory

Registered
Nov 26, 2016
georgia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
i have a web site. one folder of my website is a mounted partition.
in shell i can delete any file, but in cpanel file manager i can't delete any of them.
it says can't move file to trash and return error.

Unable to run [Cpanel::Fileman::api2_fileop(sourcefiles /home/websiteuser/public_html/user1/fbcv doubledecode 0 op trash multiform 1 filelist 1 metadata [object Object])]: (Failed to move 'fbcv' to trash (System Error: Invalid cross-device link)
) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 142.
Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec("Fileman", "fileop", HASH(0x6013620), HASH(0x5897948)) called at cpanel.pl line 1517
cpanel::cpanel::docpanelaction(HASH(0x54542d8)) called at cpanel.pl line 4996
cpanel::cpanel::run_fast_json_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 840
cpanel::cpanel::script("cpanel::cpanel", "--json-fast-connect", "--stdin") called at cpanel.pl line 306
[2016-11-26 15:13:48 +0000] warn [Fileman::fileop] Encountered error in Fileman::fileop: Failed to move 'fbcv' to trash (System Error: Invalid cross-device lin k)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
New i have a web site. one folder of my website is a mounted partition.
Hello,

This is unsupported. Is this due to disk space limitations? If so, you could mount the additional partition as /home2 and move the entire account over to the additional partition using "WHM >> Rearrange an Acccount". Otherwise, you can open a feature request to add support for mounted directories within an account via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
i need to mount partition as one directory of my website.
This isn't supported, so features such as File Manager may not function when interacting with the custom mount. You could open a feature request if you'd like to see support for this considered in a future version of cPanel.

Thank you.