Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

System Error Invalid cross-device link

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samglory, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. samglory

samglory Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    i have a web site. one folder of my website is a mounted partition.
    in shell i can delete any file, but in cpanel file manager i can't delete any of them.
    it says can't move file to trash and return error.

Unable to run [Cpanel::Fileman::api2_fileop(sourcefiles /home/websiteuser/public_html/user1/fbcv doubledecode 0 op trash multiform 1 filelist 1 metadata [object Object])]: (Failed to move 'fbcv' to trash (System Error: Invalid cross-device link)
    ) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 142.
    Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec("Fileman", "fileop", HASH(0x6013620), HASH(0x5897948)) called at cpanel.pl line 1517
    cpanel::cpanel::docpanelaction(HASH(0x54542d8)) called at cpanel.pl line 4996
    cpanel::cpanel::run_fast_json_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 840
    cpanel::cpanel::script("cpanel::cpanel", "--json-fast-connect", "--stdin") called at cpanel.pl line 306
    [2016-11-26 15:13:48 +0000] warn [Fileman::fileop] Encountered error in Fileman::fileop: Failed to move 'fbcv' to trash (System Error: Invalid cross-device lin k)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This is unsupported. Is this due to disk space limitations? If so, you could mount the additional partition as /home2 and move the entire account over to the additional partition using "WHM >> Rearrange an Acccount". Otherwise, you can open a feature request to add support for mounted directories within an account via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. samglory

samglory Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    the account has no quota limitation.
    i need to mount partition as one directory of my website.
    thanks

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This isn't supported, so features such as File Manager may not function when interacting with the custom mount. You could open a feature request if you'd like to see support for this considered in a future version of cPanel.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...