The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Error when Trying to Generate CSR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Techwebhosting, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Techwebhosting

Hello,

For some reason when attempting to create a CSR on my cPanel server I receive the following error.

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

I receive this error both using the CSR generator in WHM and cPanel.

I can click on the error after attempting to generate from cPanel and I receive this.

Code:
    Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/API/SSL.pm line 456.
    	Cpanel::API::SSL::generate_csr('Cpanel::Args=HASH(0xa319a54)', 'Cpanel::Result=HASH(0xa31dad8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/API.pm line 135
    	Cpanel::API::execute('SSL', 'generate_csr', 'HASH(0xa31dd18)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/ssl/generate_csr.tt line 1
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/ssl/generate_csr.tt line 16
    	Template::Provider::__ANON__('Template::Context=HASH(0xa3a38c8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Document.pm line 151
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Document.pm line 149
    	Template::Document::process('Template::Document=HASH(0xa3542d8)', 'Template::Context=HASH(0xa3a38c8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Context.pm line 347
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Context.pm line 321
    	Template::Context::process('Template::Context=HASH(0xa3a38c8)', 'Template::Document=HASH(0xa3542d8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Service.pm line 94
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template/Service.pm line 91
    	Template::Service::process('Template::Service=HASH(0x9e0fe08)', 'ssl/generate_csr.tt', 'HASH(0xa222b8c)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Template.pm line 66
    	Template::process('Template=HASH(0xa21a3bc)', 'ssl/generate_csr.tt', 'HASH(0xa222b8c)', 'SCALAR(0x91719c8)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 404
    	Cpanel::Template::process_template('cpanel', 'HASH(0xa222b8c)') called at cpanel line 1055
    	main::cptt_exectag('<?cptt ssl/generate_csr.tt ?>') called at cpanel line 4142
    	main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel line 3955
    	main::cpanel_parseblock('<?cptt ssl/generate_csr.tt ?>^J') called at cpanel line 3869
    	main::y('GLOB(0x9b72f58)') called at cpanel line 5227
    	main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 767

I have tried forcing the system to update to resolve the problem and was not able to.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I need to update a cert that is expiring and I am unable to generate a CSR on this server for it.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I have seen this happen before when the permissions on /var/tmp are not configured as 1777. Could you check the permissions on this directory and update them if necessary?

Thank you.

3. Techwebhosting

Good Afternoon,

I checked the permissions as requested and they appeared to be correct, just to be safe I went ahead and reapplied them anyway.

However unfortunately I am still getting the same error.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You also mentioned that you were not able to update cPanel to resolve the issue. Do you mean the cPanel update itself failed, or that the update completed successfully and did not resolve the issue? There could be some incorrect permissions configured elsewhere on the system. I recommend opening a support ticket so we can take a closer look:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.