The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System has 0 free ips!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbingham, Mar 16, 2006.

1. cbingham

cbingham Active Member

Hi guys we have not 1 but 3 systems now displaying "System has 0 free ips." all of the sudden.

I have gone through the few posts on here regarding the same and I am still baffled as to why this won't correct itself or let me correct the problem.

I have tried everything from using the Rebuild IP Address Pool, to manually entering the required information in the files (which get erased seconds later). The system won't allow me to remove the IP or add it again.

We are running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-E14 just upgraded from WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-E3 with no difference.

Other systems that we have running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-E3 are fine, and these machines were as well until we tried to add some accounts. The first account on all machines was fine with exception to it using the IP from the internal NIC vs the external nic. Once that happened we could not add any more accounts.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, I am deperate.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Do you have APF installed on this server? If yes, did you update APF and probably switched antidos on? If yes, disable Antidos. If that doesn't work, un-install and then re-install APF without Antidos. See if that helps.

The other question, are you running CentOS v4.2 or RHE v4.2? If yes, there reports about technical issues with /etc/init.d/ipaliases not running at bootup. FYI, ipaliases assigns IPs to the virtual NIC. Hope this helps!

#2 AndyReed, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  3. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

In WHM, click "Show IP Address Usage". You may find that the reason you cannot remove the IPs is because they are already assigned to an account. If so, click "Change Site's IP Address" in WHM to change the IP's of the relevant accounts so that they are using the main shared IP (thus freeing up the other IP). When you create a new hosting account, make sure that the IP address drop-down box is set to -Auto Assign-

Also, in the "Basic cPanel/WHM Setup", and make sure the right shared IP is entered in the "Main Shared Virtual Host IP" box.

4. cbingham

cbingham Active Member

AndyReed-
    No I don't have APF installed and I running RH ES 4.

Adept2003-
    Unfortunately we cannot assign all the sites to a new IP because there are over 4000 of them.

5. adept2003

Didn't mean assign ALL sites to a new IP!

"Show IP Address Usage" will list the IP's and what domains are using them. From here, you will be able to see what sites are using the spare IPs, so you can reassign those sites ONLY.

4000 sites on one server?! That's gotta be an all-time cPanel record! :D

6. cbingham

cbingham Active Member

Sorry I mean we have 4000 sites assigned to the main ip. I don't want to add any new IPs I just want to be able to continue to add sites to the current main IP. All of the current sites work fine I just can't add any new accounts. Just so you know why we do this the way we do, it is because it is a free hosting server. 3 of our servers are experiencing the same problem.

7. cbingham

cbingham Active Member

Just noticed this part of your post. Just so you know the maximum that we have run on one cpanel server supporting all services is 7280.

8. adept2003

Well done - pretty impressive stuff!

Just another thought - make sure you dont have all of your IPs ticked in "Show/Edit Reserved IPs"

9. adept2003

Just a couple more suggestions - really don't want to insult your intelligence, but we all make stupid mistakes sometimes, so its worth checking that you have the right subnet specified for the IPs.

Finally, its worth running

/scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/fixndc
    /scripts/fixndc

10. cbingham

cbingham Active Member

Chad,

Thanks for the help, and don't worrying about insulting me... its hard to do, and knowing some of the obvious things I have missed in the past I am definitely not offended.

I tried everything you suggested, and the IP subnet mask has to be correct, because 4354 sites on our first machine are all working perfectly as with the other machines... I just can't add any new sites because the system thinks it has no IPs.

11. adept2003