System PHP-FPM Settings vs User Domain Settings

dsinnie

Registered
Mar 18, 2020
earth
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I do have a question, When setting php-fpm settings you have System PHP-FPM Settings and User Domain Settings, I was always under the impression that System PHP-FPM Settings was only for new accounts and what their settings would be (And swore at one time there was some verbiage on that screen indicating that). Now though that is gone, so my question is, is that still true and if it is not does not which trumps which? I am assuming the system would look at the User Domain settings first and say you were making out on domain.com's settings which already existed changing the system settings would do nothing if you did not change the user settings correct?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The global values get written to /var/cpanel/ApachePHPFPM/system_pool_defaults.yaml and are applied to all accounts on the system. You are correct that the system will look to the global variables first. The domain level values are stored in /var/cpanel/userdata/[user]/[domain].php_fpm.yaml

I don't recall the option you mention, but I also don't claim to have every version of every interface memorized either! At this point, I'm not finding any documentation about this only being applied to newly-created accounts.

dsinnie

Registered
Mar 18, 2020
earth
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am still not sure I understand fully but this may be where I am getting confused.

" System PHP-FPM setting applies to only new account creations. "

It is still there, I just missed it the last post of where it said it. Attached is the screenshot.

Thanks for the Help!

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for that screenshot - that's exactly what I needed to see.

This is letting you know that having PHP-FPM turned on by default will only affect new accounts. It will not turn on PHP-FPM for accounts that have already been created that don't have it. For that, you'd need to use the button on the right.

The settings themselves will get applied no matter when the accounts were created.