The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultimategp5, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ultimategp5

ultimategp5 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi, we currently have a hosting company using cpanel/whm and offering shared and reseller accounts.

I had a question is there any way we can setup a type of system so that when one server holding these shared and reseller clients get its resources used up such as cpu, memory, storage that another server can kick in to help with cpu, memory, and storage? Will cpanel be able to work on this system if we create something like this?

What would be the best way to set this type of system up? Will we have to setup a cloud/cluster based system? Will we have to use software such as openstack?

Please do let me know.

Thanks!

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    its called a cluster and or load balancing cpanel/whm does not support this function

3. ultimategp5

ultimategp5 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi, first thanks for the reply.

I am aware that cpanel does not support this type of function but was wondering if we would make this type of setup work somehow?

For example I was thinking of doing cluster/load balancing or a cloud type of setup. What if we create a vps which holds all the cpanel stuff such as the shared/reseller clients also will that vps be able to use resources from multiple servers? We can even centralize the storage if we need to.

I am planning on offering more services such as vps, dedicated, colo, etc... and thought that this type of setup will allow us to easily expand when needed.