The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System-wide SA config under new RELEASE build?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by movielad, Aug 29, 2005.

1. movielad

movielad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

When I last tinkered with my cPanel box I seem to recall that SpamAssassin wasn't picking up all settings from /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and was actually looking in /usr/share/spamassassin for rules and custom rules. Has much changed with how cPanel deals with SpamAssassin in these new RELEASE builds?

M.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

SpamAssassin hasn't changed. It should always pick up server-wide rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf, the /usr/share/spamassassin/ directory and files is only meant for the installation specific files and should not normally be modified.

One thing to check is that you don't have an rpm installation of SpamAssassin installed:

rpm -ev spamassassin

Then ensure that you have the latest SA installed:

/scripts/perlinstaller --force Mail::SpamAssassin

3. movielad

movielad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Very odd since I didn't do an upgrade to the perl-installed SpamAssassin and this only occured when I did an upgrade between RELEASE (which was on the old 10.2.x - 82 (I think) build) and what was 10.6.0 - 55 CURRENT (again, I think, this was some time ago now).

Doing a spamassassin -D --lint revealed that it was not checking /etc/mail/spamassassin at all for any RulesEmporium rules and it was ignoring a whole bunch of local.cf directives too which it didn't do before. I'm hoping this new install (when it's fixed) of cPanel RELEASE will shed some light.

M.