The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tailwatchd - chkservd on server status: hang

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n_nn_n, Jun 5, 2015.

1. n_nn_n

n_nn_n Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

i received this e mail but i dont know solve. i cant connect serves with winscp. Is it important problem? please can you help me?

The chkservd sub-process with pid 31477 ran for 12 minutes and 7 seconds. This sub-process was terminated when it exceeded the time allowed between checks, which is 5 minutes. To determine why, you can check /var/log/chkservd.log and /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log.

You likely received this notification as a symptom of a larger problem. If your server is experiencing a high load, we recommend investigating the cause. If you continue to receive this notification, it is likely that your system is unable to handle demand or a misconfiguration is delaying restarts.

If you are sure that no misconfigurations exist, you should consider gradually increasing the following options in WHM’s “Tweak Settings” feature: "The number of times ChkServd will allow a previous check to complete before terminating the check" and/or "The number of seconds between ChkServd service checks". (/scripts2/tweaksettings?find=chkservd)

- Removed Please Attach Images to Your Posts -

#1 n_nn_n, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

What entries do you notice in /var/log/chkservd.log and /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log during the time frame this alert was generated?

Thank you.

3. n_nn_n

n_nn_n Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

Indeed, i dont understand very much from logs. I view logs but cant see error in logs.

In addition,there is attention in tailwatchd_log,

!!
    ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
    Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats appears to have unprocessed SQL in /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.

When mysql is unable to execute a query they are logged for processing later.

Eventually these SQL files may be handled automatically and this message will not appear.

In the meantime you can execute the queries as root with something like this:

mv /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy
    /scripts/restartsrv_tailwatchd
    mysql eximstats < /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

Once you are sure all is well you can remove /var/cpanel/sql/eximstats.sql.tmp_working_copy

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION
    !!

Is it helpful?

thanks for help.

4. n_nn_n

n_nn_n Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

I solved this problem thank you for interest.

5. ChronOIO

ChronOIO Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Im having exactly the same problem here, can you please tell me how you solved this.

Thank you.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Would you mind updating the thread with the solution?

Thank you.

7. n_nn_n

n_nn_n Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Hi,

While server backup, system is saved as photo at the same time. After the previous one photo is deleted, new photo is saved. System is giving this error if it was not deleted the previous one photo while new photo is saved. New photo is saved but old photo is not found. We always back up. Therefore this error is not very important for us.

I hope i could help, have a good day.