Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

tailwatchd failed after upgrade cpanel [installpostgres hangs too]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alv4ro, Jan 17, 2013.

1. alv4ro

alv4ro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    After all I have to say I've tried everything I found on the internet to fix that problem.

The first issue is that after a night autoupgrade cpanel starts to send me emails about "tailwatchd failed":

tailwatchd failed @ Tue Jan 15 03:35:01 2013. A restart was attempted automagically.

After that I tried to force upgrade (several times), to reload services (tailwatchd, chkservd, exim, ...)

chkservd has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "tailwatchd is not running").​

Logs show me:

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log

[7586] [2013-01-17 11:35:13 +0100] [Cpanel::TailWatch] [INFO] Opened /usr/local/cpanel/logs/tailwatchd_log in append mode
    [7586] [2013-01-17 11:35:13 +0100] [Cpanel::TailWatch] [INFO] inotify enabled. watch file is /var/cpanel/.tailwatchd_inotify_alarm_trick
    [7586] [2013-01-17 11:35:13 +0100] [Cpanel::TailWatch::Eximstats] Loading email sending limits from 1358416800 - 1358420400​

and

/usr/local/cpanel/libexec/tailwatchd --status hangs.

If I try to restart cpanel and happened the same. I tried too deleting rpm databases cache to force the system to download again index packages.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkperlmodules --full

Tested 161, 161 ok, 0 failed.
    Using fast module check.....checked 5 modules in 0 second(s)
    Cpanel::FastMath: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.3]
    Cpanel::POSIX::Tiny: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=1.1]
    Cpanel::Cleanup: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.4]
    Cpanel::Class: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=1.0.5]
    Cpanel::TaskQueue: [INSTALLED=1] [VERSION=0.307]

/scripts/cleanmd5

Source: fastest CPAN mirror ... MD5 is up to date. (2.03)

The second issue is that, if a try to update cpanel it hangs too on the step: "Install Postgres by running /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/installpostgres"

I can't reboot the server.

Is there any solution? I must fix it.

Thanks.

PD: I suggest autoupdate should appears like a selected option at first loggin to root user, but giving the chance to disable it.

#1 alv4ro, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013