The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tar -zxvf custom_opt_mod-reqtimeout.tgz owner is cpanelhorde:games?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by bloatedstoat, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bloatedstoat

bloatedstoat Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I downloaded the custom_opt_mod-reqtimeout.tgz file on the command line as root and decompressed it within /var/cpanel/easy/apache/custom_opt_mods using: tar -zxvf custom_opt_mod-reqtimeout.tgz

After doing so the /var/cpanel/easy/apache/custom_opt_mods/Cpanel directory and its subdirectories are owned by "cpanelhorde:games", which seems a bit weird.

Fwiw, a few years ago (taken from the file timestamp) I decompressed custom_opt_mod-mod_geoip.tar.gz into the custom_opt_mods directory also and I noticed that the ownership of /Cpanel and its subdirs was server_user_account:games after decompression; this changed to cpanelhorde:games after I decompressed the latest archive.

Possible for anyone to explain why the permissions combo are happening like this?

WHM 56.0 (build 22)
    CloudLinux

Thanks.

2. bloatedstoat

bloatedstoat Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Forgive me, it is available.
    Just to add to that, after decompression mod_reqtimeout is not available within the Exhaustive options list when running EA3.
    Apache 2.2
    PHP 5.6

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Thank you for the report. I've moved this thread to our EasyApache forum. To update, internal case EAL-3084 is open to address the incorrect ownership values associated with directories and files extracted from archives available on the EasyApache - Custom Modules document. I'll update this thread with more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, you can manually update ownership values to "root" as a workaround.

Thank you.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, it was determined the custom modules remain unsupported as documented at Custom Modules - EasyApache - cPanel Documentation, so there's no plan to change the package as it's offered for download. Manually updating the ownership values to "root" remains the workaround to this problem.

Note that EasyApache 4 (EA4) does not use optmods.

Thank you.