Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

TCP/UDP is not a valid protocol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexyflanders, May 8, 2014.

1. sexyflanders

sexyflanders Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    FW_Error1.PNG

Hello,

I used the official CPanel installation ISO that contained CPanel and Centos 6.5. when I run setup and goto the firewall I get the above error. When I looked at the file I see the following

--trust=lo0
    --port=21:tcp/udp
    --port=22:tcp
    --port=25:tcp
    --port=26:tcp
    --port=53:tcp/udp

What should I be setting port 21 and 53 to? TCP or UDP I know that they should be using both. I think this may be why I can't ping my server or get to any webpages outside on the actual net. I've got my server setup as a NAT in the DMZ.

Everything else CPanel appears to be working just fine everything is setup I successfully moved over from my old server to my new one.

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Port 21 is TCP, port 53 is typically UDP. The error in question references the fact that the literal output "tcp/udp" is not a correct value.

I'm not sure this would be why you can't ping though, unless you perhaps are disabling ICMP too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sexyflanders

sexyflanders Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you I've made the required changes. You are right ping has nothing to do with this. I'm guessing now I just need to wait a bit more as I can't access my domains via DNS only by IP the nameservers when pinged are coming back with the correct IP addresses.

Thanks much I'll update in a few hours just in case I missed something but I'm guessing things should work themselves out. I also wanted to give you guys a heads up because your ISO was a huge help and maybe this is something you can fix in your next version.

Thanks again.

4. sexyflanders

sexyflanders Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can close this thread I got everything working. I feel really dumb. PROTIP make sure you type the CORRECT IP ADDRESS into your glue records for your nameserver. Things tend to actually run better and things resolve! I fudged one number and didn't verify before hitting save :)

Thanks for all your help Vanessa!

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am happy to see you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...