Jetheat

Registered
Aug 5, 2011
I've backed up my whole site through cpanel and I've put it in the home directory of another server because I wish to move the site there.

In WHM, I go to the "Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file" option but it gives me an error saying:
"Cannot restore. That user already exists on this system"

On this forum, I read somewhere that I should delete that account and then restore.

My question is, if I Terminate that account from within WHM, will all the files on that domain be lost?

Appreciate the help,

JH

Jetheat

Registered
Aug 5, 2011
I mean, if I delete the account and then recreate it, will the files still be there? I have uploaded the files through FTP so I would imagine the files would still be asscociated to that domain.

Jetheat

Registered
Aug 5, 2011
ok, I really want to restore a backup which I did from another site. I'm moving it to this site.

I managed to move the backup file from my root folder into the /home folder through Terminal on the mac.

But now, when I go back into WHM and attempt to restore a backup, it still says file not found.

I get this:

Searching /home....
checked 15 files.....
No Restorable archives found!

Searching /home2....
checked 0 files.....

Searching /home3....
checked 0 files.....

Searching /root....
checked 16 files.....

Searching /usr....
checked 20 files.....

Searching /usr/home....
checked 0 files.....

Searching /web....
checked 0 files.....

Where it asks me to enter a username (Enter the username for the account you wish to restore:), I put in any name because if I put in the username of the account, it just says "Cannot restore. That user already exists on this system".

So how do I get around this cache 22?

JH

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Have you removed the account you asked about previously?

I can't answer why after you moved the Full Account Backup into /home a second time, it was not seen properly. In your first post it was, but the user also existed so the system refused.

I think we're getting our wires crossed here somewhere.

Have you removed the account on the new server?