The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terms of service...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, Aug 12, 2003.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good TOS (Terms of service) contract that we can post on our web site depicting exactly what our clients & their clients are not allowed to do? I have seen many out there but none of them seem to cover all the bases. I am hoping to find one that lists in detail what scripts are not allowed (based on safety) & anything else that will help to keep our server safe & allow us to terminate any account that does not follow the TOS. Any help or direction is appreciated!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Having a static list of scripts that aren't allowed to run isn't going to work well. You will have to constantly update it and it just turns into a hassle. Just mention like the usual, no spamming, no irc, no resource intensive cgi boards, etc. If they have questions, email support....that sort of thing.

Perhaps you should review CommuniTech's AUP as it pretty much covers all of the bases: http://www.communitech.net/aup/

3. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link, I will do that!