Testing out cPanel, question on DNS zone management

akust0m

Feb 19, 2016
Melbourne
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I am a long time Plesk user but I've decided to start testing cPanel as it may be required for work.

One question I have so far...why is the management of NS records not possible from the cPanel level and only within WHM? This is incredibly strange compared to what I'm used to.

Kind regards,
Chris

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
One question I have so far...why is the management of NS records not possible from the cPanel level and only within WHM? This is incredibly strange compared to what I'm used to.
Hello :)

cPanel users are currently limited to modifying the records available in the "Advanced Zone Editor" option:

Advanced Zone Editor - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I encourage you to open a feature request for the ability to modify additional records through cPanel:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

akust0m

Feb 19, 2016
Melbourne
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I encourage you to open a feature request for the ability to modify additional records through cPanel:

Submit A Feature Request
Hi @cPanelMichael

I tried going to that link but I am unable to log in. It states "you have been automatically logged into the cPanel Feature Requests System by visiting this page" but I don't get logged in. Trying to log in manually also fails. Any ideas?

I would like to create feature requests for a couple of things I'm quite disappointed with compared to Plesk. I hope cPanel can improve on these items in future.