The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing RBL Setup?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjm2, Jul 11, 2004.

1. mjm2

mjm2 Well-Known Member

How does one go about testing their RBL setup? I am not sure if mine is working properly and would like to send some test messages from a black listed server.

Anyone know?

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Which list(s) are you using? If you receive a decent amount of mail at the server, any of the well known lists (Spamhaus, CBL, and so on) will start catching things immediately and will be logged to /var/log/exim_reject in standard setups.

3. mjm2

mjm2 Well-Known Member

here is the complete list: spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com : proxy.relays.osirusoft.com : socks.relays.osirusoft.com : spamsites.relays.osirusoft.com : spews.relays.osirusoft.com : inputs.relays.osirusoft.com : spamsources.relays.osirusoft.com : dialups.relays.osirusoft.com : list.dsbl.org : flowgoaway.com : dialups.visi.com : blackholes.easynet.nl : opm.blitzed.org

i search the log file for something rejected, but i don't see anything listed under any of those names. i am running exiscan if that makes any difference....

it looks like a lot more mail is being rejected now. i only get 2-3 spam messages a day now (Spamassassin marks them as spam and i filter out).

-rw-r----- 1 mailnull mail 90575 Jul 10 23:59 exim_rejectlog.1.gz
    -rw-r----- 1 mailnull mail 71798 Jul 5 00:21 exim_rejectlog.2.gz
    -rw-r----- 1 mailnull mail 3930 Jun 26 17:54 exim_rejectlog.3.gz
    -rw-r----- 1 mailnull mail 1884 Jun 19 22:42 exim_rejectlog.4.gz