The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text Alerts Not Working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RichardM, Jan 11, 2009.

1. RichardM

RichardM Registered

Hi all. Recently I had some major problems with miscreants and spammers attacking a new server, on an IP that had apparently been compromised in the past (when someone else owned it). I had to implement some pretty tight firewalling, and in the process I think I blocked cPanel's notifications.

It's also possible, though, that the support guy at the hosting company turned it off somewhere (although it appears enabled in Contact Manager) because of the tens of thousands of alerts that the firewall was generating every day (not to mention the service failures that were caused by the high loads) until the problem was fixed.

Anyone know offhand where the config files that control this are, and how sending the text messages is actually accomplished?

Thanks,

Richard

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you looked in Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences

3. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

rhenderson is correct this option helped me on one server which was misterously not sending alerts, customizing the said options helped it overcome.