The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

text color wont change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jgcalifornia, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

any reason when typing text in html editor which the text is an email address, no matter what I change the color to, it stays blue. All the other links look blue in preview mode which makes sense, but when going live, they turn to the color i put in source code, all except for this one. Any reason its stuck in blue??
    :confused:

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    It will help to be able to check the published HTML source code and applicable CSS (styling); would you be able to provide a link to the published web page?

3. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

somethignbigger.org

I managed to change the text color, but not the underline.
    I have CSS set to text decoration none, and white font color.
    There is no underline selected when editing, and the blue wont disappear while in edit mode.

4. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    It looks like two different editors were used for the HTML, at least one being Adobe GoLive; multiple editors might introduce some complexity if each varies in how certain CSS styling/effects and HTML edits are applied.

I would consider trying CSS for the specific styling of hyperlinks; for example, something like one or more of the following (as a very basic example):
    Code:
    a:link { text-decoration:none }
    a:visited { text-decoration:none }
    a:hover { text-decoration:none }
    a:active { text-decoration:none }

5. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

yes, most of it was done in golive, and once loaded to the server, we went in to do some minor edits in the cp. is this not an option? can i ask why the blue wont go away in the cp anyway? it didnt seem to matter, we tried it with another site and had the same problem in the editor. Thanks for the css, we applied it, still same problem.

6. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

correction- sorry, we had to adjust something. using your text decoration code totally worked.
    a:link { text-decoration: "none"; }

thank you very much!

7. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

so we got the text to change, which seems to work, but now theres no link.
    we have the source code as:

#connect { color: white; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; height: 20px; width: 210px; left: 690px; top: 540px; position: absolute; visibility: visible; }

8. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
  9. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

thanks for the reply. it passed css validation perfect. im working on fixing 5 html errors, however, blue underline still under the link. cant get rid of it...

10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Pardon me for asking, but what's this have to do with cPanel? You could surely edit this in cPanel File Manager, that's not your problem. The problem seems to me is not knowing how to use Adobe GoLive properly.

Looking at your web page, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish there with all the extra code just to mask/hide links to hostgator (it looks like to me) from an account on theplanet, that seems to not even be licensed with cPanel from what I can tell.

Those "5 HTML errors" as you explain, are the basics for the page itself not working properly. Coding is not completed, files needed to make this page work, not even located on the server.

Code:
    type="text/javascript" src="file:///Users/jg/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings8/JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js"
    You could build this entire page in a matter of minutes if you just let go of golive and go another route. It's a simple HTML page at best from what I can tell.

While it's very nice of cPanelDon to try to assist, he's a very nice guy, this forum is not for this type of support as I understand it, and I've been here for at least a year or two. There are many other forums that do provide support for this sort of thing, including over at adobe somewhere, I'm sure of it.

If you must use golive, you might want to RTFM for assistance. Looking at your code it looks like a bunch of cut n paste to me.

I'm sure this sounds harsh, it's not meant to and I appologize. But I'm quite sure Don has better things to do than teach you web page building. IMHO.

Good luck with your webpage.

11. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member

what this has to do with cpanel? well, probably because it only happens while editing our pages in using cpanel.

12. jgcalifornia

jgcalifornia Member