The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Text only skin

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by GordonH, Apr 7, 2002.

1. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Hello
    Some of you graphics gurus migth not believe this but I want a cpanel skin with no graphics in it (or very few)
    I am convinced that the Burst.net one was installe don one of my servers by default but it seems to have gone (it would have been a starting point for what i am doing)

Has anyone got a text only skin they would be willing to share?

Gordon

2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

I can custom make one for you if you are interested. I helped with the bluelagoon theme. I also redid cpanel.net . Let me know if you are interested. I'll do it for a decent price so don't worry about having a big budget.

3. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

Slim, Fast, No graphics

Hey Gordon,

Guess what, we have this similar idea few months ago.
    Basically we have this belief of fast loading theme.
    For our current CPanelXP, we spent 30% of the development time optimising the Theme. URL:& http://cpdemo:demo@enhost.com:2082

We have a plan to construct a 'No graphic' theme after we are done with our CPanel XP. It will not look awful at all as we will make use of various scripts and technologies to make the text looks good. In most cases you will even mistake the text as graphic.

Our Mission is to create a Slim, Fast and Cool CPanel theme WITHOT USING a single image file, while at the same time making it as graphical as possible. It is a big fat challenge for us.
    We want to make the Slimmest CPanel theme in the world.
    At first we even doubt there is a market for it but we decided to make it happen anyway. It is rather nice to hear that there IS actually a market for it.

If you are willing to wait you will see it in the market quite soon.
    PM me and tell me what you think.
    If any one of you is interested in this theme please kindly PM me, I will gladly update you of the status of this project.

4. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Actually
    I did a windows style CP for our domain reg brand and its proved very easy to use for our non computer literate customers.

Can you put me on your mailing list: g@zl.vg
    and keep me up tpo date with developments on the text only skin.

Gordon

5. billmicke

billmicke Member

www.cpanelthemes.com sells a text only theme. It works real well and they update it regularly. I have been happy with them.