The backup process completed, but 30 errors occurred.

dr_lucas

Jul 6, 2007
Thailand
I am using MariaDB 10.1
Yesterday I deleted through the shell (logged in as root) a few databases.
Shortly after that I received an email from my server with the following errors and more like these about all the other databases that I have already deleted (I edited and replaced the actual database name with "dbname_removed" below, for security reasons):

[2018-07-16 02:19:03 +0700] dbname_removed: mysqldump: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'dbname_removed'" when selecting the database
warn [pkgacct] dbname_removed: mysqldump: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'warn [pkgacct] dbname_removed: mysqldump: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'dbname_removed'" when selecting the database'" when selecting the database
[2018-07-16 02:19:03 +0700] dbname_removed: mysqldump: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'dbname_removed'" when selecting the database
warn [pkgacct] dbname_removed: dbname_removed: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'dbname_removed'" when selecting the database
warn [pkgacct] dbname_removed: mysqldump: Got error: 1049: "Unknown database 'dbname_removed'" when selecting the database

How can I fix this?

Thank you

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @dr_lucas

First, to prevent this from occurring again in the future the proper way to remove the database is through cPanel either using the associated API functions or through the UI.

The delete_database function here UAPI Functions - Mysql::delete_database - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation removes a database associated with a cPanel account

To resolve this issue now, you can try to run the api as noted above or go to cPanel>>Databases>>MySQL Databases and remove the databases for the account which you removed manually.

Thanks!