The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Branding Editor is errant. Our logo can no longer be positioned.

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by jols, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

cPanel 11.25.0-R42404 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
    REDHAT Enterprise 5.4 i686 standard

Our logo that we have ever-so-carefully placed on one of the themes refuses to stay put. I get into the WHM --> cpanel --> Branding. Then I click "Edit This Style under the theme we are using for our hosted accounts. Then I click Edit Logos, and I try to move our logo back into position (this had been working fine for years). Then I click out of the Banding Editor and go back only to find that our logo has shifted to the lower right hand corner of the header graphic again.

Can this be fixed?

2. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Digging a little deeper. For some stange reason, our logo is reverting to this position:

#cpanel #border-efx #heading-top-header-bg #heading-top-billboard #logo { top: 46px; left: 504px; }

Even though we try to set it to this:

#cpanel #border-efx #heading-top-header-bg #heading-top-billboard #logo { top: 38px; left: 57px; }

And even though this file reflects the true position of where we had the logo placed:

#cpanel #border-efx #heading-top-header-bg #heading-top-billboard #logo { top: 38px; left: 57px; }

So the question becomes, where is cPanel getting the position { top: 46px; left: 504px; }, and how can we change this.

And yes, this shows up on every cPanel, of every account we host, so it's not just a flaw in the branding editor.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

And this is happening on multiple servers.

4. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Okay apparently { top: 46px; left: 504px; } is the (pre-customized) default. So cPanel on some servers is not reading the local.css file. Thus we can not make customizations with regard to logo positioning on the cPanel templates.

5. jols

jols Well-Known Member

RESOLVED, by doing a forced reload of cPanel.