The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The connection uses TLS 1.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legin76, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Legin76

Legin76 Well-Known Member

Hi

I've got an older server with CentOS 5.11 WHM 11.44.1 (build 17) I'm unable to upgrade the server to build 19 or more recent as it's about 50mb from the 1.6gb minimum to upgrade. I've moved pretty much everything I can to make the space.

On the server I have certificates installed with SHA-2 however in chrome I get the following error.

Your connection to domainname.com is encrypted with obsolete cryptography

The connection uses TLS 1.0

The connection is using SHA256_CBC, with SHA1 for message authentication and ECDHE_RSA in the key exchange mechanism

The SSL Cipher Suite is set to ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW:-SSLv2:-EXP:!kEDH

OpenSSL appears to be up to date...
    rpm -q --changelog openssl
    * Mon Apr 27 2015 Kai Engert <kaie@redhat.com> 0.9.8e-34
    - Rebase ca-bundle.crt to the upstream version 2.4 with legacy
    modifications. For compatibility reasons, several CA certificates with
    RSA sizes of 1024 bits are still included.
    - Add a patch to the source RPM that documents the changes from the
    upstream version.

What should I do to update it to use the correct version?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

cPanel version 11.44 is nearly end of life.

Have you reviewed your logs in /usr/local/apache/logs or /usr/local/cpanel/logs to see if any of the log data is taking up excessive amounts of space?

Thank you.

3. Legin76

Hi.. Yes.. They have been moved to /home/logs.

4. Legin76

Is there a simple way to upgrade TLS 1.0 without upgrading cpanel?

I think I've done as much as I can to free up space for /usr now... To upgrade again I'm going to have to re-partition or move it to a new server.

The apache backups are empty, the logs and domlogs are in /home. There is a disagreement between du and the upgrade script but it's currently 200mb short (the previous info was a little out of date) of the amount for an upgrade. I can free up about 65mb by deleting the backup kernel if I really need to. If only the upgrade files could be uploaded to another partition before they are applied, rather than using the same one.

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  6. Legin76

Would it be worth opening a ticket to get an cpanel technician to take a look and see if there is anything they can free up? I thought that is out side of the realm of support. Out of 6.1gb I'm sure there must be 200 to 300 mb that can be moved or deleted somewhere.

My last resort is the following the link below, which softlayer support sent me.
    http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/learning/not-enough-space-usr-cpanel-cant-update

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are welcome to open a support ticket for help with updating cPanel. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

8. Legin76

Excellent Thanks.. The ticket id is 6615471.

9. Legin76

Support were unable to find enough files to free up the needed space. The recommendation was to use the instructions from softlayer.. http://knowledgelayer.softlayer.com/learning/not-enough-space-usr-cpanel-cant-update

After the backups ran thismorning I followed the instructions from softlayer. It worked flawlessly.

After the files where moved I was able to run the ugrade, which updated it to 11.44.8 (I think).. I then had to remove front page extensions and was able to run the cpanel upgrade again. The last update did take quite a bit longer than normal but I assume that is because it was a big change between the versions. The server now has 11.48.4 and is working perfectly.

I do still have the tls issue. I've tried following the instructions on the tls post with no luck.. I'll post there though.

Thank you for your help.

#9 Legin76, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015