The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cPanel & WHM update a few hours ago broke shopping cart which is a .cgi script..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvmuser, Jan 18, 2014.

1. jvmuser

jvmuser Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Y'all,

My server was just auto-updated at noon Pacific today (about 5 hours ago as I write this)..

I got this email notification from the server..

==========================
    A new app has been registered with AppConfig.

Name: modsec
    Service: whostmgr
    ACLS required: any
    System User: root
    URL(s): /cgi/addon_modsec.cgi
    Display Name: Mod Security
    Entry URL: addon_modsec.cgi

You can view all current registered apps here: Apps Managed by AppConfig
    ===========================

.. everything worked fine before I received that email..

.. after I received that email.. my shopping cart doesn't work anymore.. it's a .cgi script..

.. all I get now is "Internal Server Error 500"..

.. a similar issue happened a couple of years ago after a cPanel/WHM update but, I fixed it by rolling back to the previous version of cPanel/WHM..

.. this time.. there is no earlier version to roll back to listed in my WHM interface..

.. how do I fix this or, how do I "undo" the cPanel/WHM update that just happened today?

Thanks for any advice.

2. MesinHosting

MesinHosting Member

hello,
    the message that you had on your email was trying to told you, that you had mod security (/http://www.modsecurity.org) installed on your server.
    in that case, you can turn it off by build new apache from easy apache and uncheck mod security module. or your can installed ModSecurity Control from csf to control how the mod security running on some domain and also for whole of your server.
    hope that help

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I recommend reviewing the Apache error log (/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log) when you see the 500 internal server error message in order to determine the exact cause of that message. You can paste the specific error that you see in the error log to this thread so we can help troubleshoot the cause.

Thank you.