Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

The cPanel & WHM update process failed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cybersalt, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cybersalt

Cybersalt Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have tried all the suggested threads and others as well and cannot solve this error I get when Cpanel is updating

[2018-11-14 01:30:00 -0800] E [/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/rpmup] The “/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/rpmup” command (process 467132) reported error number 29 when it ended.

On one of the suggested fix methods from another thread, I also receive this error.

Code:
    https://repo.varnish-cache.org/redhat/varnish-4.0/el6/x86_64/repodata/b3cc34523cf82349fbdce79b0588b471b842a408-primary.xml.gz: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 410 repo"
    Trying other mirror.
    https://repo.varnish-cache.org/redhat/varnish-4.0/el6/x86_64/repodata/b3cc34523cf82349fbdce79b0588b471b842a408-primary.xml.gz: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 410 repo"
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/b3cc34523cf82349fbdce79b0588b471b842a408-primary.xml.gz from varnish-4.0: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Thanks

#1 Cybersalt, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
  2. GOT

GOT Get Proactive! PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    The repo you have installed for varnish is throwing the error. Look in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and edit the file that is specifying the varnish repo and change all then enabled lines to =0

Guessing you have eningintron or maybe cachewall installed. Enginetron has been particularly problematic lately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Cybersalt,

The information in the previous post is correct. The third-party YUM repo configured on your system is no longer functional per the message at:

https://repo.varnish-cache.org/redhat/varnish-4.1/el6/

I recommend contacting the support team for the Varnish plugin you are using to report the problem and determine which steps to take next.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cybersalt

Cybersalt Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Lol, I'm using a Varnish plugin? Babies and servers, you don't need a license to have them!

I'll try to reach out to them.

BTW, for some reason after months of this not working, the script has run 100% for two days in a row now. Maybe something I tried from the other posts changed something.

5. Cybersalt

Cybersalt Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Thanks for that suggestion. I have made that edit.

The pesky error came back today, so hopefully this fixes it!

Tim