The dbindex cache file is out of date

Olayinka

Registered
Oct 28, 2015
Nigeria
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello guys, i got this notification

"The dbindex cache file /var/cpanel/databases/dbindex.db.json is out of date by more than four hours.

To resolve this issue, run the /usr/local/cpanel/bin/dbindex script to update the index and fix the cron job, and then run the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/update_db_cache script to rebuild the database cache."

The problem is how do i run the command and where

Thanks

trec-r

Aug 10, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can run that command via SSH
I am getting this message frequently and irregularly. I was thinking about setting up a cron job to run the command every 4 hours, however I don't want to overlook the cause of this error.

1. Is there something that often causes this error that I can fix?
  2. What is the impact of having the dbindex out of date?
  3. Should I just setup a cron job and be done with it?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

A cron job is already configured by default. Check to ensure the "crond" service is running on your system:

Code:
pidof crond
service crond restart
Thank you.

trec-r

Aug 10, 2008
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
A cron job is already configured by default. Check to ensure the "crond" service is running on your system
I checked and it is running, still getting the error message. I don't get it everyday and when I do get the error message it might be once or up to 4 times in a day. It really is random.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @cPanelMichael

I know this is old thread but I too am getting this message from time to time.. was there a fix for this? I've had cPanel on different servers and have never experienced this before, I am running Cpanel 84 on a vps CentOS 7.7
Thanks
Spiro