The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The disk space doesn't change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Connor, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Connor

Connor Registered

I have whm and when any of my users upload anything, big or small thier disk space used doesn't change. Can anyone help me?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There is a cache used by default that can be up to 15 minutes out of date - could that be the issue? If not, then your quotas may need repairing using:

/scripts/fixquotas

If your server is a VPS, you probably need to speak to your VPS provider.

3. Connor

Connor Registered

Well they never change until you run the fixquotas script then they are up to date until stuff changes again then it is out of date, I am on a reseller plan but I am helping the host fix this problem because I don't want to run out of space and then be charged for it.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Well, your host should really be posting here then ;)

Sounds like quotas are not setup correctly on the partitions being used for user space. They need to check that /etc/fstab has the mountpounts correctly configured to use usrquota for each one that holds user data. Unless, as I mentioned before, it's a VPS in which case the issues are completely different.

Such problems can also happen on old/custom kernels that don't have quotas correctly built into them.