The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Horde Problem of cPanel 11.24.4-S33345 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by virtualreality, Feb 12, 2009.

1. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

Hi cPanel friends,

Since I upgraded the cPanel version to cPanel 11.24.4-S33345 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9, I have found that I can not log on all my email accounts on my several cPanel accounts. All my cPanel email accounts are based on Horde. Every time when I log on my email accounts, the Horde-based login pages always say "Login failed because your username or password was entered incorrectly." ---NO! I have not changed my username or password!!! Previously, all my email accounts' usernames or passwords were working fine on cPanel 11.23.

When my cPanel were cPanel 11.23 stable version and the previous cPanel stable versions, my cpanel email boxes were working well, never failing me.

Every time when software upgrades, there are often problems here and there---they need fix right now! This time, my Horde-based mail boxes can not log on. The WHM shows Exim, Courier, and all other necessary items are up and running, but it is not possible to log on all my cpanel email accounts! Frustrated! --- This is the first time I've come across with this problem in years.

What could be the causes of the problem?? How to fix this problem??

Any advices and tips are really expected and appreciated!

Please help! Thank you very much friends!

David

#1 virtualreality, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. MaestriaNick

MaestriaNick Well-Known Member

are you able to login to pop / imap via telnet comand

for pop the command will be as below.

telnet domainname.com 110
    Trying XX.XX.XX.XX...
    Connected to www.domainname.com (XX.XX.XX.XX).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    +OK Hello there.
    user user@domainname.com
    +OK Password required.
    pass userpassword
    +OK logged in.
    ^]

for IMAP

telnet domainname 143
    You should receive a reply like:
    * OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.
    Then log in:
    A login me@mydomain.com mypassword
    This should give you:
    A OK LOGIN Ok.

3. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

Thanks MaestriaNick for your help!

Just now, I have fixed this problem. The problem is not on cPanel. The problem is on Horde session files. My situation may be special. I've seen many other guys who have not come across with this horde problem since they upgraded their cPanels to the cPanel 11.24 versions.

After reading this thread, http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=89141&highlight=Horde, I modified the horde file and restart the service. Now I can log on all my cPanel email accounts now.

On the other hand, I do feel the cPanel 11.24 version is obviously better than the previous 11.23 version. After the cPanel upgrade, the cPanel is much faster now. The memory stats has shown the 11.24 Stable Version uses less memory than the previous 11.23 Stable Version. There are other improvements as well.

Good Job, cPanel! Thank you very much!

David